Discover Your Enneagram Social and Coping Styles
Date: May 1, 2021
Time: 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. AZ/PDT
Format: Online via Zoom
Cost: $125 – AEA Membership and Young Adult discounts available. Scholarships Available
Join us and gain these benefits in this highly interactive workshop:
- Learn how your own style preferences might get in your way
- Replace judgment of styles different than yours with understanding and appreciation
- Adjust and be more flexible in your approach and defuse potential conflicts
- Bottom line? Better relationships!
Learn more about how each Enneagram style is likely perceived by others, as described by these two triads within the Enneagram. The first triad, building on the work of Karen Horney, is the strategy we employ to get our needs met in the world, which Don Riso and Russ Hudson from The Wisdom of the Enneagram, referred to as the Hornevian Triad, or the three ‘social styles’ via:
- Initiators who move to action to ‘assert’ energy or ‘move against’
- Strategic long-viewers who ‘withdraw’ to process and connect the dots or ‘move away’
- Altruists who ‘earn their way’ by complying with the right or responsible thing to do or ‘move toward’
The second Harmonic Triad, that Don and Russ described as our primary way we respond to conflict or when we don’t get what we want, are basically three different ways our personality defends against loss and disappointment. You’ll come away with a better understanding of the three ‘coping styles’:
- Positive Outlook Group who reframe emotions
- Reactive Group who express emotional realness
- Competency Group who put aside emotions
- Working Knowledge of the 3 Social Styles
- Working knowledge of the 3 Coping Styles
- How your own styles might get in your way
Jenny Yoder brings twenty plus years of expertise working in diverse roles from small-business ownership, distribution, sales, marketing, services and product management, operations, team facilitation, and change and transition employee communications consulting within high-tech organizations ranging from small business to Fortune 100 multinationals around the world. Her educational background in psychology and organizational management, combined with her ICF certification as a coach, supports a masterful approach to transformative leadership development with leaders and healthcare professionals around the globe.
As a certified Enneagram Teacher and experienced Team Facilitator, Jenny invites clients and teams to deepen awareness of their personal style, motivations and tendencies to enable personal growth so that their habitual self-image, their behaviors, and how they interact with others more closely aligns with their intent.
Jenny is a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) with International Coach Federation (ICF), a Certified Riso-Hudson Enneagram Teacher, an Accredited Professional with the International Enneagram Association (IEA), and holds a Bachelor’s in Psychology and a Master’s in Organizational Management.