Working with the Barriers to Spiritual Freedom
A Five-day Retreat in Tucson, Arizona
Date: Thursday, May 13-Monday, May 17, 2021
Time: 3:00 pm Thursday – 2:00 pm Monday AZ/PDT
Where: Redemptorist Renewal Center at Picture Rocks, Tucson, Arizona. This is a place of incomparable peace and beauty “where the contemplative spirit of the human person may be discovered, fed and nurtured.”
Cost: $1,500/person double-occupancy, which includes room and meals for four nights and five days, in addition to the program and class materials. Add $90 for a single-occupancy room or $130 for a Hermitage room (Hermitage rooms are limited and are available on a first come, first serve basis). A $100 deposit will be requested to reserve your space.
Scholarships: Scholarships are available to cover the tuition portion of the Intensive. Apply Here. Applications need to be received by March 15, 2021.
The Spiritual Freedom Series and class courses lead you beyond a cognitive knowledge of type into a more profound experience of self. They were developed over the course of eight years by dedicated teachers in Arizona as follow-on classes to Helen Palmer’s workshop series on spiritual freedom, in order to internalize and embody those teachings.
Come experience this transforming work through an all-inclusive residential five day retreat:
- Awaken and strengthen your capacity for inner observation
- Loosen the reactivity of your Type
- Experience your deeper Self through practices and process work, laying the foundation for experiencing spiritual freedom
- Connect through a dynamic experience of community
- Receive great content and exercises for Enneagram enthusiasts and professionals to use individually in your own development or in a small group environment with your students, or clients
Working with the Barriers to Spiritual Freedom focuses on:
- Letting go of the habits of attention of Type and what holds them in place
- Loosening the passion of Type and its defense mechanisms
- Opening to the energy of the instinctual center and its drives for survival, intimacy and belonging.
Background needed: A working knowledge of the Enneagram model of personality type. Working with the Barriers can be taken as a stand alone program.
Led by Robin Barnett, Carole Whittaker, and Gloria Cuevas-Barnett
Robin, Carole, and Gloria are all certified Enneagram teachers, trained through the Enneagram Professional Training Program with Helen Palmer and David Daniels, MD. They are members of The Narrative Enneagram and professional members of the International Enneagram Association and the Arizona Enneagram Association of which they are also founders and former members of the Board of Directors. Carole and Gloria have presented at IEA and EANT annual conferences.